8 Sept 2013

Pumpkin-Orange Jam


   Hey there! ;) Here am I again!
   Today with wonderful autumn jam: Pumpkin-Orange Jam with ginger and star-anis. You gonna love it!

I've heard about this "fresh" combination already sometime ago (also from Belonika here). But then I found a very nice blog of Juliane and loved it! Exactly my taste, nice photos and good practice for my german as well. So I just combined this two recipes and it worked just great!

I took approximately:

500 g Butternut Pumpkin
250 g Hokkaido Pumpkin
1 Orange
1 Lemon
Ginger
Fresh orange juice (so that it covers the pumpkin)
400 Gelling Sugar 3:1
2-3 Star-Anis

 Peel the Butternut pumpkin, cut it and put into a pan, cut the Hokkaido (this one you don't need to peel) and add to the rest of the pumpkin. Peel the orange, cut the orange peel into small pieces and together with orange pulp put it into the pot. Rub the ginger and add there as well. Press as much of juice so that it's enough to cover the pumpkin. Now cook it till the pumpkin is ready and soft. It will take about 30 minutes. Blend it all! Now add the sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice and cook it till the sugar is dissolved. Try it, may be to add some more ginger or lemon juice? I did ;) Then when you happy the the taste just add the star-anis and leave it for a night there. Next day try it again: if it is perfect, throw away the star-anis, cook it for a minute and close the jam into the nicest jars you have.


Do you like the label on top of my jar? Cool, ha?
You can easily make yours - fast cool and free ;) Here it is: Voilà!

I wish you cozy and happy autumn!  
   
      

No comments: